This section contains safety information for preventing harm to users of this product, to third persons, and damage to property.
Carefully read before using this product and use the product properly.

We are not liable for any damage that occurs as a result of incorrect use other than those detailed in the safety information or in the manual for this product, or for any damage that occurs due to repairs/changes made by a third party who is not part of our company or specified by our company.

Warning symbols

Caution for connections: This is an external device drive connector. Connecting to a telephone line may result in electric shock or malfunction.
Do not connect to a telephone line.
Caution for static electricity: Do not touch the print head as it may be damaged by static electricity accumulated in the human body.
Caution for burns: The print head may be hot.
Do not touch the print head. There is a risk of burns.
Caution for electric shock: The device contains high-voltage parts. Touching these parts may result in electric shock.
Do not remove the fixed screw if you are not a service person.
Caution for injury: Do not touch sharp parts. There is a risk of injury.


  1. Immediately turn the power off and pull the power plug out of the electrical outlet if it emits heat, smoke, abnormal smells or abnormal sounds. Then contact the seller.
    If use of the product is continued, fire or electric shock may occur.
  2. Do not dissemble, repair or modify.
    Doing so may cause fire, electric shock or injury.
  3. Do not use any power sources other than the specified one.
    If a power source other than that specified is used, it may lead to electrical shock, or cause fire.
  4. When pulling out the power plug, always pull the plug and not the cable.
    Otherwise, the power cable may be damaged, and a short circuit, fire or electric shock may occur.
  5. Do not damage, modify, forcefully bend, pull, twist, put a heavy object on, or squeeze the power cable.
    Otherwise, the power cable may be damaged, and a short circuit, fire or electric shock may occur.
  6. Do not use a damaged power cable or power plug, or loose electrical outlet.
    Otherwise, it may cause a short circuit, fire or electric shock.
  7. Do not touch the power plug with wet hands.
    Doing so may cause electric shock.
  8. Do not touch the cutter blade. Doing so may cause injury.
    - There is a cutter inside the paper exit, so do not touch the blade even when it is not operating, as well as when it is operating.
    - The printer cover will be opened when exchanging the paper roll but since there is a cutter inside the printer cover, do not bring your face or hands close to the cutter blade when the printer cover is opened.
  9. If foreign matter such as liquid or metal fragments get inside this product, immediately cut off the power and pull the power plug out of the electrical outlet. Then contact the seller.
    If use of the product is continued, fire or electric shock may occur.


  1. If the product will not be used for a long time, pull the power plug out of the electrical outlet to ensure safety.
  2. When connecting or removing a cable, remove the power plug for both this product and the PC from the electrical outlet to ensure safety.
  3. Be careful not to forcibly pull the connected USB cable, LAN cable, power cable, or cash drawer cable.
  4. When disconnecting a cable, always grasp the plug part, and make sure that no excessive force is applied to the connector on the printer side.
  5. Do not connect a telephone line to the external device drive connector.
    In addition, to ensure safety, avoid using wiring connections that may cause an excessive voltage to be applied to the external device drive connector. It may cause malfunction.
  6. It is recommended to replace the platen roller once per 1 to 2 years because its performance degrades over time.
  7. Do not open the cover during printing or when the cutter is being operated.
  8. Do not pull out the paper while the printer cover is closed.
  9. Be careful not to get your hands trapped when opening or closing the cover.
    There is the risk of injury.
  10. As the heating element in the thermal printer head and the driver IC part can be easily damaged, do not allow direct contact with metals, sand paper and such.
  11. Do not conduct printing with a wet printing head caused by condensation and such.
  12. If the thermal sheet has a large amount of [Na+, K+, or Cl-] then the life of the thermal printer head may be drastically shortened. We recommend using products with ion concentration of Na+ 500 ppm, K+ 150 ppm, Cl- 300 ppm or less.
  13. Use in accordance with indicated environmental specifications. Even if the environmental temperature/humidity is within specifications, avoid drastic environmental condition changes. Environment suitable for using this product is as follows.
    Operational temperature: 5°C to 45°C
    However, when you want to charge your smartphone or tablet from the printer, use both the printer and device within the temperature range that satisfies the environmental specifications of the respective products.
    When you use label paper, use the printer within the range that satisfies environmental specifications set to the printer and label paper.
  14. If you are using drivers provided by Star Micronics, limit the maximum number of devices connected to a single host device and LAN interfaces to 10.
  15. When disposing of this product, be sure to follow local ordinances and regulations.

Handling wireless communication functions<MCL32CBI>

This product is equipped with Bluetooth communication functions.
Due to the radio laws and regulations regarding Bluetooth communication in each country, there may be limitations on usage. Please check the radio laws and standards for the country it is being used in, and the radio laws and regulations based on which this product has been certified.

  1. Regarding the newest information on radio laws and regulations based on which this product has been certified, see here.
  2. This product has received technical standards conformity certification as a radio station for low-power data communication system according to radio laws and regulations. Therefore a radio station license is not required when using this product. However disassembling/modifying this product may be subjected to punishment according to applicable laws, so please do not disassemble or modify this product.
  3. The frequency used in this product is used in a number of devices such as microwave ovens. Before use, make sure there will be no effects from radio waves emitted from these devices.
  4. Secure a distance of 20 cm or more between the antenna of the device and the human body in order to minimize the influence of electromagnetic wave exposure according to the radio wave protection guideline. Otherwise, the cardiac pace maker is subject to EMI, resulting in malfunction.
  5. The use of wireless devices may be restricted or prohibited in medical institutions and aircraft.
    Follow any instructions provided by each medical institution or airline company.
  6. If using this product causes radio interference in other machines, immediately stop using this product.