Release of TSP100IIIU printer supporting the iOS Lightning connection
Star Micronics releases TSP100IIIU, a newest USB model of the series, to add a new line to TSP100 series which is a 3 inch thermal printer for mPOS (*1) market.
This newest model joined the TSP100 series which has exceeded the accumulated sales units of 1.4 million and realizes, with USB-wired connection, the stable communication required to the mPOS market in expanding demand. Especially the iOS devices will be able to communicate and be charged at the same time through the Lightning cables.
TSP100IIIU is proud of further more stylish appearance and high functionality in comparison with the conventional models and is also designed to be compatible with such printers. It can print very quickly even the graphic data at a maximum printing speed of 250mm/s and is equipped with de-curl function to keep the printed receipt paper from curling. It is equipped the USB-TypeA and USB-TypeB ports and when connecting the former to iOS devices and the latter to Windows and Android devices, it offers a new solution to those users concerning the connection issues with wireless communication such as with tablet devices. With USB-TypeA, it can charge simultaneously the devices at maximum 2.4A when connected to iOS devices by Lightning cables.
In order to have more affinity with iOS and Android devices than the conventional printers, the special store application (*2) and online manual will be provided for easy setup and setting changes.
(*1) mPOS（mobile Point of Sale）. Normally tablets are used in this POS system. Compared to conventional POS system and to those with PC, initial cost for introduction can be lowered.
(*2) Special applications for iOS and Android which are downloadable from App Store or Google Play.
Main features of the new model
Compatibility with the conventional printers
- Compatible with the conventional TSP100USB models, highly functional and with further more affinity and convenience with mPOS.
Lightning USB connection
- The first receipt printer which has realized the Lightning connection which can communicate with USB on iOS devices such as iPhone and iPad and can charge them at maximum 2.4A. A solution resolving the concerns with wireless communication which sometimes is unstable.
High printing speed
- 250mm/s is the fastest printing speed in the futurePRNT series thermal printers, which is realized even for graphic data printing.
- New stylish ultra white color and cool blue-based logo design including the LED.
- The package includes printer, sample thermal roll paper, power cable, USB cable and wall-mount kit.
Sophisticated 3-inch thermal printer
- De-curl function (keeps roll paper from curling).
- Thin paper supported (minimum 53 um).
- Diagnostic mode to detect communication status.
- Easy setup guide and link to manual by QR code are provided for any mPOS users to set up communication with mobile devices in shorter time.
- Easy installation, setting configuration and other practical supports by special utility applications downloadable from App Store and Google Play. * iOS or Android utility applications.
App Store is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Google play is a trademark of Google Inc.
- HTML manual provides the latest documents any time.
Electronic receipt service
- AllReceipts, the free electronic receipt service, supported.
- -iPad and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- -App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc..
- -iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
- -Trademark of iPhone is being used under license of Aiphone Co., Ltd..
- -Android and Android logo, Google Play and Google Play logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc..
- -futurePRNT is a registered trademark of Star Micronics Co., Ltd..
|Max. Print Speed||250mm/sec.|
|No. of Columns||48 / 64 col. Depending on Paper Width|
|Autocutter||Autocutter : Partial (Guillotine)|
|Paper Width||80mm (58mm Using Paper Guide)|
|Paper Thickness||0.053 – 0.085mm|
|Paper Roll Standard Option||83mm|
|Media Presentation||User Selectable Paper Delivery Options with Mounting Bracket included|
|Print Width||51mm (58mm Paper)
72mm (80mm Paper)
|Sensors||Paper End, Cover Open|
|Interface||USB2.0 Full Speed
USB-Type A : iOS Devices with Lightning Cable & Max 2.4A Charge
USB-Type B : Windows or Android Devices with USB Cable
|Virtual Serial Port|
|Power Supply||Internal with Power Cable included|
|Power Consumption||65W @240V ASCII Printing
3.5W @240V Standby
|Energy Star||Energy Star Certified
Internal Power Supply with Power Cable
|Reliability||60 Million Lines
2 Million Cuts
|Dimensions (W x D x H)
|142 x 204 x 132 mm
Approx. 1.68kg (without paper roll)
|Options||Splash Proof Cover (SPC-T100), Buzzer （BU01-24-A）
Display Stand for Vertical Use (VS-T650)
(Note) The specifications and dimensions mentioned above are subject to change without notice.