Release of the Audible Sound Device “mC-Sound™” For alerting kitchen staff to incoming orders, with 16 pre-loaded sounds
Star Micronics releases the mC-Sound™, the new audible sound device as one of the lineups of mCollection™, Star’s peripheral device brand for mPOS.
The mC-Sound™ can be controlled through the mC-Print™3 printer released in 2018 and alert staff of incoming orders at the same time as the printout of order slips, even in the busiest, high-decibel kitchen environments. The product is the first in the industry* to have the function to control types and volume of sounds from a host device, come pre-loaded with 16 sounds and support playback of received data to allow for users to upload or record their own custom sound. It is possible to select and play the most suitable sound according to various usage scenes.
We are already proud of a high market share in mPOS printers and aim to increase this share via this new product launch.
* Accoridng to the investigation by Star
Main features of “mC-Sound™”
[High Quality Sound]
- Playbacks a clear sound with sufficient volume level even though the housing is small.
[Variety of Sound Types]
- The first in the industry to have the function to control types and volume of pre-loaded sounds by command from a host device.
- Comes pre-loaded with 16 sounds. Users can setup types and volume of sounds with the physical switch on the product and play back by the buzzer command.
- It is possible to select and play the most suitable sound according to various usage scenes.
[Design Suitable for mC-Print™3 printer]
- Same material and texture of its exterior as the mC-Print™3 printer. Because of its compact design, it can be installed inside the back cover of the mC-Print™3 and does not restrict the freedom of the installation place of the printer.
- A Blue LED illuminates during sound playback for an added visual notification.
[Error Sound Output]
- Has a function to output various error sounds when a printer error occurs. This makes error detection clearer and allow users to recover early from error condition.
[Application Software Development Kit (SDK) / Drivers]
- Supported by SDKs and printer drivers provided by Star. It is possible to easily support this product in the existing system and in new application development.
- To assist sound source creation for the received data playback, a converter tool for converting sound source to file format/size suitable for the mC-Sound™ is also provided.
|Dimensions||(W) 44mm x (D) 44mm x (H) 21mm|
|Sound pressure||Installed on top of printer : Maximum approx. 89dB
Installed inside on back of printer : Maximum approx. 88dB
Measurement distance : 10cm
*The sound pressure and sound quality may vary depending on the measurement environment and playback sound
|Pre-loaded Sounds||16 sounds|