Release of the latest model of the best-selling TSP100 series！
Star Micronics Co., Ltd. will launch the latest model, “TSP100IV,” of the best-selling TSP100 series in April 2022 to the overseas market in advance. The TSP100 series has sold a total of 2.5 million units worldwide. The TSP100IV is a 3-inch (80mm paper width) thermal printer equipped with the dual interface of USB and LAN. The TSP100IV features a beautiful appearance, compactness for space-saving installation, and a new cloud communication function.
The TSP100 series was born in 2005 under the novel concept of “multifunctional utility installed, all-in-one package.” Its functionality and reasonable price gained popularity and established a solid position among POS printers. The TSP100 series has always expanded the models that anticipate market needs, such as models that are friendly to the global environment and models equipped with a wireless interface suitable for mPOS (*1). In pursuit of functionality and usability, we will introduce the latest model “TSP100IV” that matches the recent next-generation store solutions, aiming to further expansion of share in the POS market.
Main features of the new product
Stylish & compact design
Polygon design, a distinctive appearance that is different from the existing POS peripheral. Achieves a downsizing of approximately 20% compared to the current model of TSP100III while maintaining the highly convenient and popular built-in power supply.
Equipped with dual interface
Equipped as standard with USB and LAN interfaces.
Contributes to usability and flexibility in POS and other store systems and efficient inventory management by eliminating the need to have inventory for each interface. In addition, Wireless LAN support is also realized by connecting the optional Wireless LAN Unit.
Compatible with Android Open Accessory Protocol(*2)
Support easy setup and stable operation by enabling wired communication and power supply from AndroidTM(*3) terminals at the same time.
Abundant software development environment
We provide various software that supports print control from different host system environments and contribute to reducing the person-hours for printer connection development.
- StarXpand® SDK to help you control printing from native apps
- CloudPRNT® technology, a printing protocol from the cloud environment
- StarXpand® SDK for React Native(*4) for Cross-platform(*5)
Star Micronics Cloud Service
With the launch of TSP100IV, Star Micronics Cloud Service, a cloud platform for printer control that started in 2015, will be renewed as an IoT platform. By connecting to the cloud service, it is possible to use Web API(*6) that supports remote maintenance and effective device operation. In addition, the shop owners can use coupon print data generation/print management services.
A Star Quick Setup Utility for iOS(*7)/AndroidTM is available to set up printers and check operations quickly. We also provide an online manual.
|Body Color||White / Gray|
|Installation||Horizontal / Vertical (Holes for wall-mount are available.)|
|Printer Method||Direct Thermal Line Printing|
|Print Speed||Max. 250 mm/second|
|Paper Specifications||Type||Thermal Paper Roll|
|Print Width||80mm/58mm (Using Paper Guide)|
|Roll Diameter||Max. φ83mm|
|Auto-cutter||Partial cut (Leave center point)|
|Power Supply||Internal with Power Cable included 100～240V AC±10%|
|Dimensions||140 x 169 x 123 mm (W x D x H)|
|Weight||Approx. 1.3 kg (without paper roll)|
|Accessories included in the box||Power Supply Cable, USB Cable, LAN Cable
Paper Guide, Rubber feet, Easy Setup Sheet
|Options||Wireless LAN Unit (MCW10)
Buzzer (BU01-24-A), Melody Speaker (MCS10)
Customer Display (SCD222U), Barcode Scanner (BCR-POP1)
- *1 mPOS（mobile Point of Sale） It is a POS system that uses a tablet terminal, etc. It has the feature that it can be easily introduced at a lower cost than those that use a conventional dedicated POS system or a personal computer.
- *2 Android Open Accessory Protocol is a specification defined by Google for connecting Android devices and peripheral devices.
- *3 Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
- *4 React Native is a trademark of Facebook, Inc.
- *5 Cross-platform means an environment where most of application programs can be developed in common for multiple OSs.
- *6 Web API is an application programming interface called over a network, such as a web server or web browser.
- *7 IOS is a registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
April 2022 in the overseas market. The release in the Japanese market is to be decided