Release of mPOS(*1) printer supporting wired LAN and Bluetooth
New lineup of TSP100III series
Star Micronics, in addition to the TSP100IIIW (released in February, 2016) which is a 3-inch thermal printer equipped with wireless LAN, now releases two new models: TSP100IIILAN with wired LAN and TSP100IIIBI with Bluetooth.
With these two new models, the TSP100III series now consists of 3 ways of communication required for mPOS: “wireless LAN”, “wired LAN” and “Bluetooth” hoping to satisfy the expanding mPOS market demand. To connect multiple number of tablets with a printer, you have a choice between wireless and wired LAN, and to connect one with one, Bluetooth model will offer an easier setup process.
TSP100III series is proud of stylish appearance and high functionality, which is of course taken over to these new models. They can print very quickly even the graphic data at a maximum printing speed of 250mm/s. They are equipped with de-curl function (*2) to keep the printed receipt paper from curling and 5V USB port to charge mobile devices such as tablets. In addition, they are provided with special store application (*3) and online manual for easy setup and setting changes on iOS and Android devices. Their sophisticated case color (ultra white) will enhance their design feature.
Starting from Japan, we will expand the sale of these two new models worldwide, including US, Europe and Asia and will target 100 thousands units of sale by the end of fiscal year 2018. We have been proud of high market share in mPOS printer but will try harder with the introduction of these new models.
- (*1) ｍPOS（mobile Point of Sale）. Normally tablets are used in this POS system. Compared to conventional POS system and to those with PC, initial cost for introduction can be lowered.
- (*2) Subject to usage of our recommended paper.
- (*3) Special applications which are downloadable from App Store or Google Play.
Main features of the new models
Wired LAN model, TSP100IIILAN
- High functionality and convenience to mPOS usage are succeeded from TSP100III series, keeping compatibility with the conventional TSP100LAN.
Bluetooth model, TSP100IIIBI
- Certified the Apple MFi license program to communicate with iOS devices such as iPhone and iPad.
High printing speed
- 250mm/s is the fastest printing speed in the futurePRNT series thermal printers, which is realized even for graphic data printing.
- New stylish ultra white color and cool blue-based logo design including the LED.
- The package includes printer, sample thermal roll paper, power cable and wall-mount kit.
Sophisticated 3-inch thermal printer
- De-curl function (keeps roll paper from curling).
- 5V USB port allows mobile device charging.
- Thin paper supported (minimum 53 um).
- Diagnostic mode to detect network and communication status.
- Easy setup guide, web configuration and link to manual by QR code are provided for any mPOS users to set up communication with network and mobile devices.
- Easy installation, setting configuration and other practical supports by special utility applications downloadable from App Store and Google Play. * iOS or Android utility applications.
|App Store is a trademark of Apple Inc.||Google play is a trademark of Google Inc.|
- HTML manual provides the latest documents any time.
Electronic receipt service
- AllReceipts, the free electronic receipt service, supported.
- iPad and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc..
- iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
- Trademark of iPhone is being used under license of Aiphone Co., Ltd..
- Android and Android logo, Google Play and Google Play logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc..
- futurePRNT is a registered trademark of Star Micronics Co., Ltd..
|Max. Print Speed||250mm/sec.|
|No. of Columns||48 / 64 col. Depending on Paper Width|
|Autocutter||Autocutter : Partial (Guillotine)|
|Paper Width||80mm (58mm Using Paper Guide)|
|Paper Thickness||0.053 – 0.085mm|
|Paper Roll Standard Option||83mm|
|Media Presentation||User Selectable Paper Delivery Options with Mounting Bracket included|
|Print Width||50.8mm (58mm Paper)72mm (80mm Paper)|
|Sensors||Paper End, Cover Open|
|Virtual Serial Port|
|Unique Ethernet Print on Disconnection Feature||Standard|
|Power Supply||Internal with Power Cable included|
|Power Consumption||46W @240V ASCII Printing3.5W @240V Standby|
|Energy Star||Energy Star CertifiedInternal Power Supply with Power Cable|
|Reliability||60 Million Lines2 Million Cuts|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)/br>Weight||142 x 204 x 132 mmApprox. 1.68kg (without paper roll)|
|Options||Splash Proof Cover (SPC-T100), Buzzer （BU01-24-A）Display Stand for Vertical Use (VS-T650)|
(Note) The specifications and dimensions mentioned above are subject to change without notice.